Learn how master artworks are being digitally preserved for future generations in the Palazzo Reale in Palermo, Sicily
1. Buy the Palazzo Reale Meta Experience "boarding pass" at the ticket office (only 3 €)
2. Enjoy the “infinity room”
3. Get digitized in 60 seconds
4. Check your QRcode or email to view your digital scan
5. View the featured masterpiece and see how it becomes an artclone
6. View masterpieces of Italian sculpture as 1:1 scale artclones
Caesar Augustus Octavian from Centuripe
Originally discovered in 1938 by a road laborer during excavation work in the town of Centuripe, the bust of Augustus has been described as “the most beautiful portrait of the emperor ever found in Sicily”. Experts tell us that the bust is similar to the statue of Augustus found in the villa of his wife Livia in Prima Porta, and now in the Vatican Museums.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to Palazzo Reale in Palermo?
Monday through Saturday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Sunday from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +39 334 6395860 for private visits
Adult (age > 13): € 3
Teen (age 0-13): € 2
Forma Rei is committed to preserving the cultural legacy of the world's finest sculptural masterpieces through the use of digital technologies. We showcase this process of digital archival in cultural venues and exhibitions to educate and inform the public of the value of saving cultural heritage for future generations. We partner with cutting-edge digital innovators to create experiences and products which demonstrate the value of digitization.